Funding our Projects
Our giving is a tangible expression of our sole reliance on God as our provider and sustainer.
RAISING FUNDS FOR LOI PROJECTS
A Message From Our Board
Living in a world in which Christians are so sadly divided by doctrine, culture, and practice, it is easy to forget that for many hundreds of years the Gospel advanced across North Africa, to India and China, and throughout the Middle East and Europe in the hands of a largely united Church. Inspired by the witness of Thomas in India, Anthony of Egypt, Nino of Georgia and then countless Pentecostal, Baptist, Catholic and Orthodox Christians of recent centuries, the Lausanne-Orthodox Initiative works to further the mission of God by all Christians today, by:
- Building relationships of trust and understanding;
- Confronting differences honestly and in the spirit of Christ’s prayer for unity;
- Repenting of the hurt we have caused each other through persecution, proselytism, and false representation;
- Exploring how we might strengthen one another in the Mission of God to which we are called;
- Proposing and planning common actions and mission programs under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
We invite you to join us in this challenging but rewarding journey towards unity in obedience to the prayer of Jesus.
“They will know you are my disciples by your love for one another”
DONATIONS MAKE OUR MISSION HAPPEN
What your gift to LOI could achieve
Your gift to the Lausanne-Orthodox Initiative could:
- Enable a Christian leader from Africa or Asia to attend one of our global consultations (average flight cost $700);
- Support a small local initiative in joint mission to bring the love of God to a local community (cost per day $100-500);
- Support a ‘listening visit’ to a community where tensions still exist between Christians (cost of each visit $5,000);
- Help to keep our website up-to-date and relevant (cost per year $600);
- Pay for our vital administrative support (cost per day $28);
- Sponsor the next LOI book publication (cost to be agreed);