As the long anticipated pan-Orthodox Great and Holy Synod approaches discussion is building up around the draft documents which have been issued on the six key areas of discussion. It has been agreed that participants will focus their deliberations on:
- The Mission of the Orthodox Church in Today’s World
- The Orthodox Diaspora
- Autonomy and the means by which it is proclaimed
- The sacrament of marriage and its impediments
- The importance of fasting and its observance today
- Relations of the Orthodox Church with the rest of the Christian world
With its focus on the Mission of God, LOI is particularly interested in the first of these. The full text of the draft document on The Mission of the Orthodox Church in Today’s World is available here in English, French and Russian.
To access the full set of papers in five different languages go to the Ecumenical patriarchate website.